Requesting Data from the eDiscovery Team
Certain groups (VTPD, Internal Audit, University Legal Counsel, University Relations, etc.) submit requests to the eDiscovery team in order to obtain data pertaining to investigations. Previously, requests were made using the Digital Data Request System (DDRS). ServiceNow replaces the DDRS system and requests can be made using the following instructions.
- In your web browser, navigate to Virginia Tech 4Help.
- From the link in either the top menu bar or just below the page heading, log on using your PID and password.
- Once you are logged in, on the top menu bar, click on your name.
- Select Service Desk View.
- In the left side bar, under eDiscovery, select eDiscovery Requests.
- At the top of the main working pane, click the New button.
- An eDiscovery Request Form will open. Complete the required information for the following sections:
- Reason for Request
- Data Storage, Analysis, and Results
Note: If you need assistance with analysis, be sure to select the *Will analysis be needed? option.
- Once you have completed all required fields, under Related Links, click the Data to Collect link.
- Beside Data to be Collected, click the New button.
- Select a Type for the data you want to request.
- Enter a Description for the data you want to request.
- Click the Submit button.
- To request that more types of data be collected, repeat steps 9-12 as many times as necessary.
- Near the top right of the main working pane, click the Submit button.