Welcomes You Back to Campus!
Answers to your computing questions are available at 4Help.vt.edu, 24 hours/7 days a week.
If you do not have internet access call 4Help at 540-231-4357.
Tips for an easy return to campus this fall:
Resetting VT Username (PID) Passphrase: Changing or Resetting My Password
Resetting VT Hokies ID (PID) Passphrase: Hokies Password Reset
- Suppressing Student Account information will replace Hokies ID (but not PID) with AnonID
- Hokies ID is used to sign in to Office, Outlook, Exchange Mail
- PID is used to sign in to Google Mail, Canvas, onecampus.vt.edu, and most VT-related sites
- When resetting the PID passphrase users can choose to unify PID and Hokies passphrases
Connecting to the Internet:
- Join the “eduroam” wireless network with your VT email (PID@vt.edu) and your network password.
- Your network password consists of 16 characters and three dashes: (UYWO-IOON-DICL-QWAZ).
- Enter the entire passphrase, including dashes but careful to avoid a blank space at the end.
Finding your Network Password:
- Go to onecampus.vt.edu and sign in with your VT Username and password/passphrase.
- Search for “Manage Accounts”.
- Under “Network Access” click “Network Password” to view your network password or generate a new one.
4Help recommends enrolling a second two-factor authentication device with Duo Mobile in case your primary device fails.
If your primary device is temporarily lost, broken, fails, or is left at home, call 4Help at 540-231-4357 for assistance.
If you do not have a smart device to enroll, consider purchasing a security token from Software Distribution or Hokie Centric.
One-time use passcodes can be printed at any time for access to your account.
Print One-Time Use Passcodes:
- Go to onecampus.vt.edu Search for “Manage Accounts”.
- Sign in with your VT Username and password/ passphrase
- Under “2-Factor Account” click on “Print Passcodes”
- Click “Generate” to print your backup codes. These ten codes are one-time use codes.
Software for Students
Microsoft Office: Once you’ve accepted your license agreement, follow these instructions for installation:
- Go to https://network.software.vt.edu/
- Sign in with your VT Username and your passphrase
- Click on “Microsoft Office Software”.
- Select “Microsoft Office 365 Students” Read and accept the terms.
- Click on “Installation Instruction” and follow the provided instructions.
- Alternatively, users can sign in to my.office365.vt.edu with their Hokies ID and passphrase and click "Install Apps" at the top right.
- Major-specific software will be billed the same as tuition and can be signed for beginning the week of move-in.
- For additional information on any software needs please visit https://itpals.vt.edu/.
NEW this Fall:
Google Service Changes at Virginia Tech: https://it.vt.edu/projects/google-changes.html
TikTok, WeChat apps no longer permitted on university networks or devices: https://it.vt.edu/projects/app-restrictions.html