On behalf of member institutions of the Virginia Higher Education Procurement Consortium, Virginia Tech, James Madison University, and Virginia Commonwealth University have entered into a system-wide agreement for tele-health and tele-mental health services with TimelyMD. TimelyMD is the leading virtual health and well-being resource for institutions of higher education. While TimelyMD does off a tele-health option, Virginia Tech has only purchased the TimelyCare Mental Health options at this time. Our three offerings through Timelycare are: 24/7 TalkNow; Scheduled Counseling Appointments 24/7; and Health Coaching. We are not contracted to do TeleHealth. We should be careful not to have telehealth appear as an option.
TimelyCare (also referred to as TimelyMD) serves as a 24/7 virtual extension of campus counseling center resources, with a goal of improving student well-being, engagement and retention. Through TimelyCare on their phone or other device, students can now select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed counselors and mental health providers– at no cost and without the need to bill costs to traditional insurance – including:
- On-demand mental health support (TalkNow)
- Appointment-based mental health counseling
- Psychiatric support
- Health coaching
- Care navigation with basic needs
- Digital self-care content
Students will be encouraged to carry the TimelyCare app on their phones and it will require SSO(single sign on with VT Credentials) Services will be available for students starting in the fall 2022 semester. To learn more, contact Student Affairs at 540-231-6272 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information go here: https://vtx.vt.edu/articles/2022/06/unirel-mental-health-support.html
The TimelyCare app is officially live right now as of yesterday (Thursday, August 11, 2022). However, our public announcements will begin next Thursday (Thursday, August 18, 2022). But the answer to the question is yes, a student can use today.
4Help will support students who have technical issues:
The self service and phone number contact information for 4Help will be provided for technical support on the app.
In the event that an individual is having log in issues:
- Issues with SSO will be the most common reason a person will contact 4help, who will handle resolving this issue just like any other service that requires SSO.
- 4Help should confirm the user is in fact eligible based on the checking the following criteria: VT-STUDENT-ENROLLED
- This is only affiliation available to use this service at this time
- This service is NOT available unless the user is an active student
- TimelyCare is available to all enrolled students, undergrad and graduate. Again, students must be enrolled.
4help can and should escalate to email@example.com if they have other issues such as the system itself being down
***VCOM students are not eligible for TimelyCare/Timely MD. VCOM is separate from VT. VCOM has their own admissions/registrar; doesn’t flow through VT. Therefore, VCOM students are not eligible for TimelyCare.***