Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) Evaluations are run using Course Evaluations & Surveys (CES), formerly EvaluationKIT, an external tool that is on Canvas.
This article covers logging in and viewing your courses on SPOT as an administrator or instructor. For other topics pertaining to SPOT Evaluations, please refer to the main article, Using SPOT - Guide for Department Administrators and Instructors. For student resources, see Using SPOT - Guide for Students.
Logging in and Viewing Courses in SPOT
- In Google Chrome, go to Canvas and log in with your VT Username (PID) and VT Username (PID) password.
- If you forgot your password, follow the instructions on Changing or Resetting My Password.
- If you have difficulty logging in, contact 4Help by clicking Get Help on the 4Help portal.
- Click Account from the top of the Canvas global navigation menu. From the popup menu, click Settings to go to the Account Settings page.
- Click SPOT at the bottom of the account page menu. If you don't see SPOT:
- Try the troubleshooting steps under Script blocker problems
- Configure your browser with tips from Recommended Browser Privacy and Security Settings for Canvas
- Go to the Course Evaluations & Survey site for direct access
- In the top menu, locate the role to the left of your name to verify you are viewing SPOT in the correct role. If you have more than one role, click on the role to change it to either Instructor or Administrator.
- Click Manage Courses from the CES top menu to go to the Project Courses page.
- Under Projects, an item for each semester will appear. Click the magnifying glass under View to see your SPOT courses for that semester.
- The Project Courses page will display the list of the courses where you're listed as an instructor in SPOT or list the courses you are administrating for your department.
- If you're having issues loading SPOT in Canvas, see Recommended Browser Privacy and Security Settings for Canvas.
- For assistance with SPOT surveys, go to the 4Help Portal, log in, and click Get Help.