How to access the CALS IT File Server (T: drive). On a Windows computer connected to the VT network, this connection is automatically established when you logon. If you are not on the VT network or if you are using a Mac, the connection to the file server needs to be done manually.
The CALS IT File Server is only accessible from a VT network. If you are using your home network, you will need to have Pulse Secure VPN installed and logged in on your computer first.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Right-click on This PC in the far left column and select Map Network Drive.
3. For Drive, Select T:
For Folder. type: \\moo.ag.vt.edu\pub
Check the box labeled Connect using different credentials
4. A Windows security box will appear. Enter your username "hokies\PID". Your password will be the same password you use to login to your Virginia Tech windows computer.
After restarting your Mac, you will need to repeat the instructions above to reconnect to the T drive. The server name will be saved so you can just click it and authenticate using your hokies credentials.
1. In Finder click on Go and select "Connect to Server".
2. Enter the server name as follows smb://moo.ag.vt.edu/workgroups$ and click connect.
3. A username a password prompt will appear. Enter your username "hokies\PID". Your password will be the same password you use to login to your Virginia Tech email.
4. Click Connect.