Setting Specific Roles to Manage the Membership of Google Groups
This article describes how to (as a Google Group Owner) allow other roles manage group membership.
- Go to https://groups.google.com.
- If necessary, show the Navigation menu by clicking on the three horizontal lines next to the Groups logo.
- Select My groups in the sidebar of the left side of the screen.
- Identify a group for which you are an owner and select it.
- Click on the Group settings link in the sidebar to expand the sub-categories.
- Click on the Member moderation sub-category.
- Under the Member moderation section, select the membership level that is most appropriate for "Who can manage members" and "Who can modify roles".
- You may chose between "Entire organization", "Group members", "Group managers", and "Group owners". It may be a good standard to choose "Group manager" or "Group owners" for google groups to minimize possible issues with group management.
- Click the Save changes button when finished.