Routing and Forwarding Virginia Tech Email
This article explains how to automatically route or forward Gmail or Exchange Online email messages to another account or email address. For more information on the configuration options available, please see the knowledgebase article, Understanding Virginia Tech Email Routing and Forwarding Options.
Set the Routing for Email
Top of page
- Navigate to OneCampus.
- If the page appears dark with text overlaid, click the page to dismiss the overlaid text.
- If any OneCampus announcements pop-up, after reading the text, click the appropriate button to dismiss the pop-up.
- To the right of the OneCampus logo, in the What would you like to do? search box, type: mycat.
- Press the Enter or Return key.
- Click MyCAT.
- Log in with your Hokies ID (which is the same as your VT Username (PID)) and Hokies ID passphrase.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete authentication with your second factor.
- Scroll down to the Email section and click to expand it.
- In the Route drop-down, click either Google or Exchange and click Set.
- If you set your routing to Google, you will see an Exchange Forward line beginning with SMTP. This is the forward set to enable your mail to be routed to Google when you have an Exchange Online mailbox.