Managing Access for Resetting Your Hokies ID Password in ADadmin
This article describes how to manage or restrict who can reset your Hokies ID password.
- Go to the http://onecampus.vt.edu Web page.
- If the page appears dark with text overlaid, click the page to dismiss the overlaid text.
- If any OneCampus announcements pop-up, after reading the text, click the appropriate button to dismiss the pop-up.
- To the right of the OneCampus logo, in the What would you like to do? search box, type: admin.
- On the keyboard, press the Enter or Return key.
- Click the ADAdmin task icon.
- If prompted, log on with your Hokies ID and password. These are the credentials you use to log into Exchange Online. If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions at Change or Reset Hokies Password via Account Manager.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete authentication with your second factor.
- In the left menu column, click the Persons link.
- Under Persons, click the Password Reset Options link.
- Authorize or de-authorize access to reset your Hokies ID password.
- To authorize an entity:
- Under Deny:, select the entity you want to authorize.
- Click the left arrow (<) button.
- To de-authorize an entity:
- Under Allow:, select the entity you want to de-authorize.
- Click the right arrow (>) button.
- If you deny everyone listed, then to reset your Hokies ID password, you will have to go in-person to NI&S Customer Service at the Blacksburg campus for verification.
- If prompted by an All Authorized Agents Denied Reset! window, after reading the warning, click OK.
- When you are finished, click the Save button.
- Click OK.
Top of page