Connecting to Virginia Tech's Wireless Networks on Public Computers and Shared Devices
I want to connect to the Virginia Tech wireless network to access the Internet on a public computer, such as in a computer laboratory, or on a mobile device that was temporarily loaned to me. How do I access the wireless network without the computer or device storing my credentials?
- Connect your computer or device to the VirginiaTech SSID.
- Start a Web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- Go to any non-secure URL - something that starts with "http" instead of "https". You will be redirected to a Virginia Tech wireless access page and shown buttons for guests and for Virginia Tech affiliates.
(If you are not redirected, verify that the URL starts with "http" instead of "https".)
- Click the Student/Faculty/Staff button.
- In the Can't use eduroam? box click the try connecting to VirginiaTech link.
- In the VT PID text box, type your VT Username.
- In the Network Password text box, type your network password.
(If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions at Change or Reset Network Password.)
- Click the Log In button.
search words: wifi, wi fi, wi-fi