The Duo security token is used by members of the Virginia Tech community as a second-factor authentication device to gain access to services protected by the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) service in instances when a phone is not a viable second-factor option. The D-100 token allows users to press a button on the device to generate a 6-digit code that can then be entered into the passcode field when logging into a service that requires 2FA.
Duo D-100 tokens can be purchased through the Software Service Center (software.vt.edu).
- To enroll your device, go the Virginia Tech Account Manager at accounts.it.vt.edu and sign in with your Virginia Tech PID and PID password.
- Click 2-Factor from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and click the Enroll Hardware Token button.
- Leave Duo D-100 selected under Token Type and then enter the serial number from the back of your D-100 token. Click the Lookup button to proceed.
- Click the Enroll button to proceed to the next step.
- Press the button on your token to generate a code, then enter the code that in to the Passcode box and click the Finish button to complete your token enrollment.