File Sharing with OneDrive for Business
This article describes how to:
- Upload files or folders to OneDrive for Business and
- Share files or folders to people using OneDrive for Business.
Uploading a File or Folder to OneDrive for Business
Top of page
- Log into the Office Portal.
- Click Apps in the left navigation.
- Click OneDrive.
- Click Upload to add to the OneDrive.
- Choose to upload a file or a folder.
- Choose the desired item from the chosen directory.
Sharing a File or Folder Using OneDrive for Business
- Click the file to share from the list.
- Click Share near the top of the window or the Share icon beside the file or folder to be shared.
- Enter the email addresses of the people that you want to have access to the file.
- A shareable link can be created clicking Copy Link or an Outlook email may be sent with the link in the body by clicking Outlook.
- To change the sharing options of the file/folder that is being shared, click the box located above the field (It may say "Anyone with the link can edit" by default).
- From here, sharing access settings can be changed. The file can also be changed between being editable read-only and the link can be set to expire. Once the changes have been made, click Apply to go back to the previous window.
- To access more advanced options, back out, right-click the shared item, and click Manage Access.
- On this window, specific access can be edited. Sharing can be stopped completely, the generated link can be copied, and direct access for specific people can be given.
- Click the plus sign (+) to the right of Direct Access.
- Here, the same as before can be edited, but here, each individual may be given different levels of access to interact with the item (can view or can edit). An optional message can be sent to each person or there is an option to not send a notification email. Click Grant Access at the bottom of the window once the desired changes have been made.
- If you added a person by accident, click the X beside the name of the person who should not have access.
- Optionally, type a brief message that will be sent to all people that will be given access.
- Click Send.
For additional information on using OneDrive for Business, visit Share OneDrive Files and Folder.
Top of page