Kaltura is the cloud-based video management system behind My Media and Media Gallery, which are Canvas LTI tools. Note that:
- Kaltura appears in some places in My Media and Media Gallery and in the company's documentation and user guides.
- Course Gallery is how you access Media Gallery in Canvas.
The Kaltura Video App for Canvas User Guide has full instructions on using My Media and Media Gallery. The instructions here are specific to Virginia Tech. To see other Kaltura topics, please click on the guide for your role:
- Video Content Management - Using My Media and Media Gallery (for Instructors)
- Video Content Management - Using My Media and Media Gallery (for Students)
This article covers how to view analytics for a Media Gallery in your Canvas course site.
Instructors can use Media Gallery analytics to see which students are engaged which videos or which sections of videos. Instructors can view analytics on the Analytics page, and they can run media analytics reports.
- In the Canvas course's Media Gallery, click on the settings icon in the top right corner and then click on Analytics.
- You'll go to the Media Gallery analytics page's Dashboard tab. Adjust the filters and dates for the data you want to see.
- Under each section, click See Details for more information on each category.
Downloading Analytics Reports
- To export any report to CSV, click Export and check the boxes for the reports you want.
- Click Export Reports.
- Click Save. Your reports will be emailed to you.
For instructions on resolving common issues with Kaltura, please click on the guide for your role:
- Video Content Management - Troubleshooting My Media and Media Gallery (for Instructors)
- Video Content Management - Troubleshooting My Media and Media Gallery (for Students)
If you need help with My Media, Media Gallery, or Kaltura in general:
- Watch videos on using Kaltura on the Kaltura Video Hub.
- Search for topics in the Kaltura Knowledge Base.
- See the Kaltura Video App for Canvas User Guide.
If you still have questions:
- For Kaltura in Canvas or at video.vt.edu, go to the 4Help Portal, log in, and click Get Help. Specify where you are having the issue and include the video name, ID, and/or URL if applicable.
- For questions about intellectual property, contact your department chair or the University Council.