1. To download the latest version of Oracle VirtualBox, go to https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and select the OS X Hosts download link.
2. When the download completes, double click the DMG file and then, in the window that pops up, double click the VirtualBox.pkg icon to begin the installation.
3. Once the VirtualBox installer launches, click Allow on the This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed pop up.
4. Click Continue on the installer welcome screen and then Install to begin the installation.
5. During installation, you will see a System Extension Blocked pop up. Click Open Security Preferences in the pop up.
6. When the Security & Privacy window opens, click the lock icon in the lower left and enter your macOS password.
7. Now, click the Allow button to allow the required system extension to be installed.
8. You'll then be asked to restart your system. Click the Not Now button and close the Security & Privacy window.
9. When the VirtualBox installation is complete, click Close and then restart your Mac before proceeding.
Downloading and Importing the Pre-built Image
1. Access https://network.software.vt.edu and login using your VT PID and password. Select Virtual Software and then choose, Virtual Machine Windows 10 Education (21H1) with Office 365 for VirtualBox
2. Review and accept the licensing terms, and then click the Download to begin the download.
3. Once the download is complete, double click the downloaded file to begin the import process.
4. In the Appliance settings window, leave the default settings and click the Import button.
NOTE: This can take up to 30 - 60 minutes.
5. Once the import has completed, select Windows 10 (21H1) with Microsoft Office in the VirtualBox window and click the Start button to launch the Windows 10 VM.
Activating Windows and Office
1. When Windows loads, you will see a shortcut named Activate Windows on the desktop. Right click the shortcut and select Run as administrator to start activation.
2. You will see two pop ups during the activation process (as shown below). When each notification windows pops up, click the OK button.
3. When Windows activation is complete, the Activate Windows shortcut will disappear from the desktop.
4. On the first launch of any of the Office applications, you'll be asked to Sign In.
5. In the sign in window, enter your VT Email Address in the Email, phone, or Skype field and click Sign In. You will then be taken to the VT login portal where you will sign in using your password and 2 factor authentication method.
Note: If you are asked whether this is a "Work or School Account" or a "Personal Account", select Work or School Account to continue
6. Uncheck the Allow my organization to manage my device check box, and then click No, sign in to this app only to complete activation.