Accessing Minitab through Virginia Tech
This software must be purchased before a license and download is made available. To order student software, please visit How to Purchase: Student and place an online order.
- Go to the software.vt.edu/minitab portal and select Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University SSO.
- Sign in using your Virginia Tech Username (PID) and VT Username (PID) password, followed by 2-factor authentication. If you see a Consent to Release your Data message, click Accept to proceed.
NOTE: The first time you log in, you will be asked to accept the license agreement for Minitab
- After logging in, you will be given options for the Web App (available on any OS) and the Desktop App (Windows only). If you would like to use Minitab Online, click the Open Web App button. Otherwise, click the Download Desktop App button to download the Minitab installer.
- When the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to begin installation.
- When setup launches, click your desired language and click Next.
- Read and agree to the End-User License Agreement and then click Next to continue.
- Ensure that Activate with a license is selected and click Next.
- Leave Licensing Method as Sign In and click Next.
- Leave the Destination Folder as the default and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the Minitab installation.
- When the installation is complete, you will see the screen shown below. Click Finish to complete the installation.
- The first time you launch Minitab, you will be asked to sign in. Check the Keep me signed in box, enter your Virginia Tech email address (PID@vt.edu) and click Next.
- Sign in using your Virginia Tech Username (PID) and VT Username (PID) password, followed by 2-factor authentication. If you see a Consent to Release your Data message, click Accept to activate Minitab.
Top of page