Changing your Time Zone in Slack
This article describes
- how to change time zone in Slack within a web browser and
- how to change time zone in Slack within the desktop app
In Slack, timezone settings are configured on a per-user basis only. If a user is traveling outside of their normal time zone, setting their current local time within Slack will make sure that their Slack reminders and Do Not Disturb hours happen in their current local time.
If using the installed Slack desktop application:
- Click on the account avatar at the top right.
- Select Profile.
- At the right select Edit.
- In the window that appears, locate the Time Zone drop down box and choose the appropriate time zone
- Click Save Changes.
Top of page