In ServiceNow, a “fulfiller” refers to someone who takes actions to complete the request from a customer. A fulfiller may handle with several tasks that are built into the ServiceNow workflow or business processes that may not YET be built in the work flow. You can learn how to fulfill and complete a request item and/or catalog task in ServiceNow through the following methods:
This video reviews Fulfilling and completing request items and/or catalog tasks in ServiceNow.
Request items are where the majority of the work should be done and recorded. The Additional Comments text box in each request item allows you to communicate with the customer. Be aware that text saved in the "Additional Comments" field in the request item will be sent to the customer. Request Items have one or more Catalog Tasks associated with it that map out the work that should be done to fulfill the Request Item.
To view and work on Request items (RITM) and Catalog Tasks (TASK):
Requested items are where the majority of the work should be done and recorded. Also, the text box in each request item is what allows you to communicate with the customer, so be aware that text saved in the "Additional Comments" field in the request item will be sent to the customer.
To view and work on request items and Catalog Tasks:
2. In the left menu column, to expand the menu, click the Service Desk menu category.
3. Under Service Desk, click the My Groups Unassigned Work, My Work, or My Groups Pending work. The location of Request Items will depend on how the workflow is designed.
4. In the Number column, click the "RITMXXXXXX" number or a "TASKXXXXXX" of the item you want to view and work.
5. Important: Assign the item or task to yourself. In the Assigned to text box, type your name and select your name from the drop-down list. Click the Save button to save the assignment change.
6. You must be in the Requested Item to communicate to customers from ServiceNow. There is no way to communicate with customers from within a Catalog Task. If you want to send an email to the customer that requested the item:
7. After you complete the work required by the requested item and close associated Catalog Tasks the RITM should close automatically by the workflow.