Getting a Full Exchange Account at Virginia Tech
Full Exchange Online accounts integrate email, appointments, tasks, contacts, and public folders in one comprehensive location. They are automatically created for everyone with a Hokies ID. However, students must self-provision themselves an Exchange Online mailbox following the instructions provided below.
No one is able to deprovision the mailbox once provisioned. Deprovisioning occurs automatically once all affiliations (student, faculty, or staff) are no longer current.
- Go to the OneCampus Web page.
- If the page appears dark with text overlaid, click the page to dismiss the overlaid text.
- If any OneCampus announcements pop-up, after reading the text, click the appropriate button to dismiss the pop-up.
- To the right of the OneCampus logo, in the What would you like to do? search box, type: mycat
- On the keyboard, press Enter or Return.
- Click MyCat.
- Log on to the application using your Hokies username and passphrase, followed by 2-factor authentication.
- Scroll down to the Email section and expand it.
- Click Create.
- Review the information provided and click Create. It can take up to 30 minutes for your mailbox to be created.
- Review Understanding Virginia Tech Email Routing and Forwarding Options (vt.edu) to make sure your forwarding is set as you expect, and you receive your emails.
Top of page