Accessing Virginia Tech Library Databases with Non-Virginia Tech Internet Service Provider (ISP)
I am connected to the Internet off campus and/or using a non-Virginia Tech Internet Service Provider (ISP). How can I access the Virginia Tech library databases, such as LexisNexis or InfoTrac?
If you are a Virginia Tech faculty, staff, or student:
- Go to the University Libraries home page.
- Browse to the database, journal, article or other item that you want. If the item is restricted, when you try to access the item, you will be prompted to log in.
- When prompted, type your credentials.
- In the Username text box, type your VT Username, which is the first part of your @vt.edu email address.
(If you do not know your VT Username, follow the instructions at Forgot VT Username (PID).)
- In the Password text box, type your VT Username passphrase.
(If you forgot your passphrase, follow the instructions at Reset VT Username (PID) Passphrase.)
- Click the Login button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to either:
For more information, see the Getting Started with Academic Research: Accessing Library Resources Off Campus page.