Requesting Delegated Organizational Unit Administrator Privileges Using the Hokies Domain
This article describes how to request delegated Organizational Unit (OU) administrator privileges for yourself using the Hokies domain.
In order to request delegated privileges, you must
- Move yourself into the OU of which you want to be an administrator.
- Get added to the Auth Database.
Requesting to be made an administrator of a Hokies OU does not automatically cause a Central Services OU to be created for that person's department. To request a Central Services OU, please use the "Central Services Domain (CSD)" Service Catalog to request it separately.
Move yourself into the OU of which you want to be an administrator
- Go to the OneCampus Web page.
- If the page appears dark with text overlaid, click the page to dismiss the overlaid text.
- If any OneCampus announcements pop-up, after reading the text, click the appropriate button to dismiss the pop-up.
- To the right of the OneCampus logo, in the What would you like to do? text box, type: admin
- On the keyboard, press Enter or Return.
- Click ADadmin.
- If prompted, log on with your Hokies ID (which is the same as your Virginia Tech Username) and passphrase. (If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions at Change or Reset Hokies Password via Account Manager.)
- Complete authentication with your second factor.
- To expand the menu, in the left pane, click OUs.
- In the left pane, click Move To OU.
- In the left pane, under Select the OU you want to move to:, under vt, select the OU for which you want to request delegated administrator privileges. Some OUs are restricted from additions or subtractions. You cannot add yourself to a restricted OU or move yourself out of a restricted OU. In such cases, contact the OU administrator for the OU you want to join.
- Click Move To OU.
Get added to the Auth Database
Submit an incident to 4Help.