Understanding Microsoft Viva, Viva Learning, and Viva Insights
This article describes Microsoft Viva, Viva Learning, and Viva Insights.
Microsoft provides Microsoft Viva – an employee experience platform. Within this platform are two apps available to anyone at Virginia Tech with an Microsoft 365 (M365) A1, A3, or A5 license, Viva Learning and Viva Insight. They are experienced through Microsoft Teams. Read more for a brief description of each with links to more information.
- Viva Learning - an app for self-paced skills and knowledge expansion
- Viva Insight – an app for balancing productivity and wellbeing
You can access these apps by clicking on the More Added Apps ellipsis in the Microsoft Teams navigation bar and searching for Viva.
Viva Learning is an app for self-paced skills and knowledge expansion. It acts as a central hub of compiled online course videos for a wide range of topics.
- Choose from a list of 100+ varying interests.
- Learning courses will be suggested to you by interest from various providers like LinkedIn Learning and Microsoft 365 Training.
- You can browse courses by interest, provider, or duration.
- You can bookmark courses for later or send them to colleagues via Teams chat or link.
- There is a My Learning tab that contains courses recommended to you based off interest, and what you’ve bookmarked, recently viewed, and completed.
Viva Insights has a variety of options to help boost your day. It offers employees personal insights and recommendations to prioritize wellbeing and boost productivity.
- Track how you’re feeling day to day for personal reflection on the Home tab.
- Send praise to your colleagues.
- Choose audio from Headspace to listen to.
- Get reminded of important tasks with the Microsoft To Do integration.
- Book focus time for yourself on the Protect Time tab.
- The Stay Connected tab helps to keep you connected with colleagues or “collaborators” to improve productivity.
Links to more information