Zoom is a versatile video conferencing tool that unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. You can host and join Zoom video conferences from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
The Zoom Help Center has full instructions on using Zoom. The instructions below are specific to Virginia Tech. To see other Zoom topics, please see Video Conferencing - Holding Zoom Conferences on a PC or Mobile Device.
This article covers managing your Zoom meetings. You can change settings, like meeting name, time, and recurrence, in scheduled meetings via the web portal or Zoom client.
- Managing Meetings from the Web Portal
- Managing Meetings from the Zoom Client
- Manage Meetings from the Mobile App
- Language Interpretation
- Getting Help
Managing Meetings from the Web Portal
- Log into the Virginia Tech Zoom Portal.
- Click Meetings, and click the meeting you want to manage.
- Scroll down and click Edit this Meeting.
- In the Edit meeting page, make changes and then click Save.
Managing Meetings from the Zoom Client
- Open and log into the Zoom client.
- Select Meetings from the top bar or select the title of the meeting in the card on the right.
- Click the meeting you want to manage, and click Edit.
- Make changes and click Save.
Managing Meetings from the Mobile App
- On the mobile app home screen, tap Upcoming.
- Tap any meeting to view its settings. On the Info screen, you can add invitees, start, or delete the meeting.
- To make other changes, tap Edit. When you're done, tap Done.
Hosts can designate a participant as a language interpreter during meetings. Interpreters translate into their own audio channel. Attendees can choose which audio channel to listen to.
- Hosts must provide their own language interpreters.
- Language interpretation is on by default in user settings.
- For instructions see: Language interpretation in meetings and webinars
For instructions on resolving common issues with Zoom, see: Video Conferencing - Troubleshooting Zoom.
- Go to 4Help, log n with your Virginia Tech Username (PID) and password, and click Get Help.
- Call 540-231-4357.
For problems using Zoom, contact Zoom Support: