Viewing an Exchange Online Shared Calendar on a Mac
This article details troubleshooting methods if you are unable to view an Exchange Online shared calendar on a Mac.
Ensure you have Exchange Online accounts
- Visit https://onecampus.vt.edu/.
- If the page appears dark with text overlaid, click the page to dismiss the overlaid text.
- If any OneCampus announcements pop-up, after reading the text, click the appropriate button to dismiss the pop-up.
- To the right of the OneCampus logo, in the What would you like to do? text box, type: admin.
- Press the Enter or Return key on your keyboard.
- Click ADadmin.
- Log on with your VT username and passphrase.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete authentication with your second factor.
- In the left menu column, select Messaging / Collaboration.
- Under Messaging / Collaboration you should see an Add Exchange Mailbox option. If this option is dimmed out then you already have an Exchange Online Account. If the Add Exchange Mailbox option is not dimmed out, then you do not have access to an Exchange Online account. Follow directions at Requesting, Using, and Accessing Exchange Resource Accounts for more information on how to add an Exchange Online account.
Top of Page
Ensure the account owner has given permission
You must be a delegate for a calendar before it will appear in Outlook for Mac. This is a limitation of Exchange Web Services Protocol (the protocol Outlook for Mac uses to connect to Exchange) and is considered by design. The person sharing the calendar needs to provide you delegate access to their calendar before the non-default shared calendar will appear. For more information on how to share calendars and provide permissions visit: Providing Access to an Exchange Online Calendar or Folder in Outlook for Windows.
Top of Page