VIP Procedure for Reporting Computing Problems
To report computing problems:
- If you are a member of the VIP Service group:
- To report your computing problems:
- Go to the 4Help Web site at http://4help.vt.edu.
- If you are not logged in to the Login service, you will see "Virginia Tech 4Help Log in to request IT services, get IT help or report an issue." To start the login process, near the top-right of the page, click the Login link.
- You will be prompted to type your VT Username and VT Username passphrase to log in.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete authentication with your 2-factor authentication device.
- Click Get Help.
- Complete the required fields.
- Click the Submit button.
- In the event of a system outage where the Web form is not available, please call 4Help at (540) 231 - 4357 to report the problem. Please inform the operator that you are a member of the VIP Service group, and request that they enter the incident using your VT Username.
To check the status of your incident, log in to the 4Help portal at http://4help.vt.edu at any time.
- If you are the IT staff of a VIP:
- If you have a ServiceNow license:
- Create an incident with the VIP as the Caller.
- Add yourself to the Watch list of the incident.
- Set the Assignment group to FASTR-escalated.
- Submit the incident.
- If you do not have a ServiceNow license, please call 4Help at (540) 231 - 4357 to report the problem. Please inform the operator that you are the IT staff of a member of the VIP Service group, and request that they enter the incident using the VT Username of the VIP member.
The FASTR team will work with escalation partners in Information Technology to quickly resolve your issue.