Canvas External Tools (LTI Tools) as well as some internal Canvas tools require cross-site cookies or tracking in order for integrations and tools to work properly. In recent years, many browsers have released new privacy and security features and updates that may prevent third-party cookies or tracking prevention to allow Canvas tools to load properly in your Canvas course sites. If you encounter an issue with loading a page in Canvas, please follow the browser setting recommendations below.
These are some examples of Canvas integrations and tools that will not work unless you are allowing cross-cookies and/or have tracking protection turned off:
- New Quizzes
- Kaltura Interactive Video Quizzes
If you are not already using Chrome for Canvas and are open to using it, Canvas recommends Chrome. Chrome will allow you full customization with your privacy and security settings, whereas Firefox and Safari have limitations on what you can set. If you do not want to use Chrome, the Canvas Guides list other supported browsers. This article will cover how to check and update your browser settings for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari if you're experiencing issues with seeing, accessing, or loading things in Canvas.
To see other Canvas topics, please see How to Use Canvas at Virginia Tech (for Instructors) or How to Use Canvas at Virginia Tech (for Students).
Recommended Browser Settings
- In Chrome, click on the three dots on the right and click on Settings.
- Click on Privacy and security in the menu on the left.
- Under the privacy and security section, click on Cookies and other site data.
- Under general settings, you can choose between the following two choices:
- Allow all cookies
- Block third-party cookies
- Scroll down to Customized behaviors and click Add.
- A popup will appear to add a site. Type 'canvas.vt.edu' into the site field.
- Make sure you check the box for Including third-party cookies on this site.
- Click Add.
- Go to the site where you want to turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection.
- Click on the shield icon to the left of the URL bar.
- If you see Enhanced Tracking Protection is ON for this site, toggle this setting off.
- In Safari, click on Safari in the top menu and click Preferences.
- In the Privacy tab, uncheck the Prevent cross-site tracking box.
If the browser privacy and security recommendations above did not work, please try the following:
- Update your browser to the latest version. Canvas works best on the latest two versions of supported browsers.
- Use an incognito browser or a browser you don't normally use to see if the issue persists.
- Clear your cache/cookies.
- Disable any ad blocker extensions on your browser.
- Check to make sure your Canvas URL begins with 'canvas.vt.edu' and not 'vt.instructure.com.'
- If you use bookmarks, check that the correct URL 'canvas.vt.edu' is saved.
- Check out known issues with specific browsers on Canvas' browser guide.
If you need additional help, please go to the 4Help Portal, sign in, and click Get Help. Include a screenshot of your error message, the tool you are trying to use, and the URL where the issue is occurring.