Installing Siemens NX Unigraphics
Please note this software requires you to either be on the Virginia Tech campus network or connected to the VPN in order to access the license server. Please ensure you are either on the Virginia Tech network or have installed and enabled the VPN per KB0010740 prior to installing and using Unigraphics.
- Access the Network Software web site and log in using your VT Username (PID) and passphrase. Click Unigraphics Software and then click Unigraphics 1980 Series for Windows Install.
- After accepting the licensing terms, make note of the License Server Address, which will be used during installation, and then click Download to begin the download.
- When the download is complete, right-click the downloaded file and click Extract All....
- Ensure that Show extracted files when complete is selected, and then click Extract to begin extraction.
- When extraction is complete, a window will open with a folder titled SiemensNX-2000.3120_wntx64. Double-click the folder to open it, and then double-click Launch.
- In the Siemens NX Software Installation window that opens, click the Install NX button to start the NX installer.
- When the installation launches, click your installation language and then click OK.
- In the Welcome to the Siemens NX Setup Wizard window, click Next to proceed.
- Leave the default setup options and installation location, and click Next.
- Enter the License Server Address you obtained in step 2 and then click Next.
- Click your preferred Runtime Language and then click Next.
- Now, click Install to begin installation. If a User Account Control window appears, click Yes to allow installation to proceed.
- When the installation completes, click Finish to close the installer.
- Before opening NX for the first time, you'll need to start the Tool - Licensing Tool from the start menu.
- In the Licensing Tool window, click Bundle Settings.
- Click NX Academic - CAE & CAM from the available bundles and click the right facing arrow to add it to your bundle set. Repeat this process for NX Academic - Core & CAD.
- Click Apply to save the changes and then close the Licensing Tool.