Getting a Full Exchange Account at Virginia Tech
Full Exchange Online accounts integrate email, appointments, tasks, contacts, and public folders in one comprehensive location. They are automatically created for everyone with a Hokies ID. However, students must self-provision themselves an Exchange Online mailbox following the instructions provided below.
No one is able to deprovision the mailbox once provisioned. Deprovisioning occurs automatically once all affiliations (student, faculty, or staff) are no longer current.
- Go to the OneCampus Web page.
- If the page appears dark with text overlaid, click the page to dismiss the overlaid text.
- If any OneCampus announcements pop-up, after reading the text, click the appropriate button to dismiss the pop-up.
- To the right of the OneCampus logo, in the What would you like to do? search box, type: adadmin
- On the keyboard, press Enter or Return.
- Click ADAdmin.
- Log on to ADAdmin using your Virginia Tech Username (PID) and VT Username (PID) password, followed by 2-factor authentication.
- In the left menu pane, click Messaging / Collaboration.
- Under Messaging / Collaboration, click Add Exchange Mailbox.
- Review the information and click Add Exchange Mail in the lower-right.
- From the drop-down, click which mailbox you want to be your primary and then click Set Primary Mailbox.
- Review the final information and click Finish when done.
- Review Understanding Virginia Tech Email Routing and Forwarding Options (vt.edu) to make sure your forwarding is set as you expect, and you receive your emails.
- Wait 20 minutes for your account to be synchronized with the servers before trying to access your Exchange Online account in any way.
Top of page