Not Receiving Expected Email in Preferred Mailbox
What should a user do if they are not receiving expected emails from a specific user/mailing list as expected in their preferred inbox?
When this happens, the user should check the following to verify that they did not receive the expected communication:
- Check to see if you are having any other sending/receiving issues or errors.
- Check your spam/junk folder(s).
- Check your deleted folder.
- Check for any rules or filters that move or delete emails.
- If you have previously received emails from this sender, have you made any changes since the time of the last received email?
- Ensure that the sender has your correct email address and is free of errors.
- Check with the sender to ensure that they are not receiving any bounce back or other error messages.
- (For Virginia Tech Employees) Check to ensure your email is being routed or forwarded to the correct service (Gmail or Exchange). You may find this information using the ADadmin tool on One Campus and following the instructions found on the Routing and Forwarding Virginia Tech Email Knowledge Base Article.
More Information and Other Useful Links
Routing and Forwarding Virginia Tech Email
VT Email Routing and Forwarding Options