Installing ESRI ArcGIS Pro
For more information see the ESRI University-Wide Site License page.
- VERY IMPORTANT ArcGIS Online accounts are required to obtain ArcGIS Pro licenses. If you do not have a Virginia Tech ArcGIS Online account, visit the Virginia Tech ArcGIS site and use the “VIRGINIA TECH” login option. Log in to create an account.
- Access the Network Software web site and log in using your VT Username (PID) and passphrase. Click ESRI Software and then click ESRI ArcGIS Pro.
- Review and accept the license agreement and download the file on the following page to your computer. Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Leave the default destination folder and click Next.
- When extraction is complete, ensure that Launch the setup program is checked and click Close.
- In the Welcome to the ArcGIS Pro Setup program window click Next.
- Accept the master agreement, then click Next.
- In the next window, leave the default option selected and click Next to continue setup.
- Leave the default options selected in the Select Features window and click Next.
- On the following screen, click Install to begin the installation.
- When installation completes, ensure the Run ArcGIS Pro now box is checked and then click Finish.
- When the ArcGIS Sign In window appears, click Your ArcGIS organization's URL.
- Enter virginiatech in the text box and click Continue.
- Click Virginia Tech and then log in with your your VT Username (PID) and passphrase, followed by 2-factor authentication. ArcGIS Pro is now installed, activated, and ready for use.
- **NOTE: You may see a Consent to Release Your Data screen after logging in. Click Accept to continue.**