Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) Evaluations are run using Course Evaluations & Surveys (CES), formerly EvaluationKIT, an external tool that is on Canvas. Evaluation results are sent to instructors' and administrators' SPOT area in Canvas. Historical SPOT results were moved to instructors' Personal Files area in Canvas and are stored in the course evaluation data warehouse.
SPOT data is imported from Canvas. If someone is listed as a Teacher in a Canvas site, they will be evaluated in SPOT. Canvas Teacher listings are imported from Banner, but Teachers in Canvas sites can also add other teachers. It doesn't matter if you use Canvas in your classes or not, SPOT data still comes from Canvas.
SPOTs are completely automatic. Instructors and departments do not need to do anything for SPOTs to run. However, some courses are excluded from SPOT per departmental request. For more information on course exclusion, see Fixing Missing Evaluation/Course Excluded from SPOT.
This article covers topics for SPOT Department Administrators and instructors. For student resources, see Using SPOT - Guide for Students.
Click on each Course Evaluations & Surveys (CES) topic to learn how to navigate and use SPOT.
- Logging in and Viewing Courses in SPOT
- Verifying Courses/Instructors in SPOT
- Adding Custom Questions to Course Evaluations in SPOT
- Viewing SPOT Evaluation Results and Running Reports
- Finding Past SPOT Evaluation Results
- Checking and Improving SPOT Response Rates
- Fixing Missing Evaluation/Course Excluded from SPOT
- Collecting Feedback for Courses Not in SPOT
- Updating SPOT as a Department Administrator
- If you're having issues loading SPOT in Canvas, see Recommended Browser Privacy and Security Settings for Canvas.
- For assistance with SPOT surveys, go to the 4Help Portal, log in, and click Get Help.