VT Google Photos is not considered a core service within VT Google Workspace for Education's license. Therefore, if you store any photos in Google Photos using your VT Google account, you should transfer them using the instructions below to a personal Google account. After you've completed the steps below, you must remove all of your photos within your VT Google Photos storage to the trash so they will be deleted automatically within 60 days.
Transfer photos to a personal Google account via Partner Sharing.
- Set up part sharing between your VT Google Workspace account and a personal Google account.
- Your personal Google account is considered the partner.
- You must go into your personal Google account and approve the request.
- From your personal Google account, follow Google's instructions in the Save your partner's photos expandable section to add the photos in your Google at IU account to your personal account.
- Delete all photos from your VT Google storage by moving them to Trash. They will be deleted in 60 days.
Download files to a location of your choice.
- Navigate to https://photos.google.com/.
- Log in using vt.edu email address.
- Select the checkbox in the upper left corner of your first photo. Hold down the Shift key, and navigate to the last photo you want to download. Select that photo's checkbox, and release the Shift key. This will select all photos in between those two photos.
- To download your images into a Zip file, press Shift-D, or select the blue vertical ellipsis in the upper right corner (next to the trash icon) and choose Download.
- A Zip file of all selected photos will download to your local device.
- Upon confirmation that the download is complete, move all photos stored in your VT Google account to Trash so they will be deleted in 60 days.