1. Access https://network.software.vt.edu and login using your VT PID and password. Select LabVIEW Software and select LabVIEW 2020 Student for MacOS download
2. Review and accept the licensing terms, and then click the Download button to download the installer.
3. Once the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file to mount the .dmg, then double click the LabVIEW 2020 64-bit file to begin installation.
NOTE: You may see a "LabVIEW 2020 64-bit" can't be opened... notice when double clicking the file. This can be bypassed by right clicking or two finger clicking LabVIEW 2020 64-bit and clicking Open from the menu. The "LabVIEW 2020 64-bit" can't be opened... notice will pop up again, but this time with an Open button you can click to proceed.
4. When the LabVIEW installation window appears, click Continue.
5. Review the information in the LabVIEW 2020 Readme for macOS and then click Continue.
6. Review the National Insturments Software License Agreement and click Continue, followed by Agree to accept the licensing terms.
7. Now, click Install to begin installation.
8. When the installation completes, click Close to exit the installer.
1. Access https://network.software.vt.edu and login using your VT PID and password. Select LabVIEW Software and select LabVIEW 2020 Student for Windows and select the appropriate version for your platform and architecture.
2. Accept the license agreement and you will be presented with the download link for LabVIEW. There will also be a tab labeled Product Key(s) as shown below, which is where the LabVIEW License Key is located. Make sure to write this down, as it will be needed later in the install process. Continue to download the installer.
3. Locate the downloaded file and double click it to mount the installer image. In the window that opens, double click Install to open the installer.
4. Accept the License Agreement and click Next. Make sure the Disable Windows fast startup box is checked, and then click Next.
5. Review the summary and make sure NI Package Manager is listed. Click Next.
6. Once the NI Package Manager installation completes, leave the default Additional items selections and click Next.
7. Review and accept any additional license agreements and click Next.
8. On the following screen, review the installation summary and then click Next.
9. During installation, you will be asked if you want the NI Update Service to automatically check for updates. Click Yes to allow automatic updates.
10. You will also be asked if you would like to participate in the NI Customer Experience Improvement Program. Make your selection and click OK to continue.
11. When installation completes, the Activate Software window will open. Click LOG IN TO ACTIVATE to proceed.
12. Now, log in with your NI User Account. If you do not already have an NI User Account, click Create account at the bottom to create one.
13. Once you've signed in, select Enter a serial number from the drop down box.
14. Now, scroll down to the bottom and enter the serial number you obtained in step 2 in the box for LabVIEW 2020 Student Edition. Then scroll back to the top and click Activate.
15. Once the activation is complete, click Finish. If you are asked to restart your computer at the end of installation, click Reboot Now to restart.