- The RLAN machine is joined to the domain.
- The RLAN user can log into the domain successfully.
- The RLAN user is currently logged into the domain on the machine these steps will be performed on.
- Any existing Pulse Clients have been removed, including their configuration (do not save when it asks you during uninstall).
- The first step is to visit https://certs.it.vt.edu/request/incommon/pdc. Sign in with your PID and PID Password. Request a Certificate.
- Once the request has been completed you should receive an email. Go back to https://certs.it.vt.edu/store. There should be a list with your certificate in it, the status should be fulfilled.
- Click the Action button on the right, and choose the certificate under Download. It should say PKCS #12 Keypair. Once you click this, it will start the download and redirect you to a screen with a passphrase. Copy that passphrase. You will need it to import the certificate.
- Once you have the certificate downloaded, and the passphrase copied somewhere, its time to import it into the User Store, and the Local Machine store. To do that, navigate to the downloaded certificate. Once you find it, double click on it. The certificate import wizard will show. Choose Current User and click Next.
- Click Next again on this screen, accepting the defaults.
- On this screen, enter the passphrase you copied from the website. Leave the boxes checked like you see in this picture. Click Next
- On this screen, leave the default, Automatically select the certificate store… Click Next
- Click Finish. Now, go back to the folder where you downloaded the certificate. Double click it again, following the same steps described above except this time you are going to choose Local Machine at the beginning.
- You will need to elevate using a local admin account to allow the certificate to be imported. Follow the same steps as above until you get the import to complete.
- Now it is time to install the RLAN VPN. Install the custom RLAN VPN package found here: vtVpnSetup+RLAN.exe
- Once installed, it should automatically connect. If it does not, open the Pulse (Ivanti) client and select the RLAN connect. Choose connect. If you get a certificate error, double check that you have imported the certificate for the Current User and the Local machine.