Creating or Updating a Profile Image in Microsoft 365
This article will explain how to change/add a new profile photo to your Microsoft 365 (M365) account and all apps
The recommended approach to update or add a M365 profile photo across all M365 apps is to update it in the Outlook Web App (OWA). It can take several days before the change is picked up by all M365 apps. The steps to do this are below.
- Log in to http://my.office365.vt.edu/ using your Virginia Tech username and passphrase. If you need help logging in, please see Accessing Your Virginia Tech Exchange Online Account.
- Click the Outlook symbol.
- Near the top-right corner of the window, click the Account manager icon. If you have never uploaded a profile image, the account icon may appear as the initials of the name on your account.
- Click on the Profile Image icon that appears for more settings.
- Click Upload picture.
- Navigate to, and then double-click the image file from your computer that you want to use.
- Click Save.
It may take several days before the photo change is picked up by all M365 apps.